Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

Last updated: October 5, 2019

The Canadian Experience Class is Canada’s permanent residence program for those with Canadian work experience in a Skill Level 0, A or B occupation. To be eligible for this program, you must meet language and work experience requirements. There is no education requirement under CEC but it is a plus if you have education.

CEC is meant to help transition temporary skilled workers into permanent residents. It is also often the last link in the chain for international students who come to Canada with hopes of permanent residence.

Photo by Hermes Rivera on Unsplash

Minimum Requirements

Minimum eligibility requirements are for language and work experience. You must;

  • have worked for at least one (1) full year (1,560 hours) in Canada in a Skilled Level 0, A or B job within the last three (3) years
  • have scored at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all four language abilities (writing, reading, listening, speaking) if your occupation is a Skill Level 0 or A
    have scored at least CLB 5 in all four language abilities if your occupation is a Skill Level B

Must Plan to Reside Outside of Quebec

As with the other two permanent resident programs managed by Express Entry, namely, Federal Skilled Worker and Federal Skilled Trades, you cannot plan to live in Quebec under CEC. Thanks to the Canada–Quebec Accord of 1991, Quebec runs its own immigration programs for skilled workers.

I will be happy to help you with your Canadian Experience Class application. Please complete the free assessment form for your personal free assessment or book a consultation session to discuss how to go forward.